Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog. I am really looking forward to giving you an inside look at the challenges facing our community along with insights on solutions and examples of how Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit is taking important steps toward getting our region on the right track.

Since starting my job as President and CEO of this remarkable organization in 2007, I have been constantly asked, "What does Goodwill do?" Through this blog, I hope to answer that question with real-life stories. Throughout my career, I have worked to match philanthropy with community programs that literally make a difference. So, I plan to provide you with some ideas about how non- profits, fueled by philanthropy and their own hard work, can be answers for the segments of our region that need the most help.

I also look forward to hearing from you - about what's working, what we're missing and how we're doing as an organization and as a Metro Detroit community.

So please, bookmark this blog, visit often and comment when you have something to say. I'll be posting as often as I can.

No comments: